Monday 21 October 2013

I AM WHAT I AM...

Dear Friends ,

Every day early morning i go for jogging and while returning back to my home i generally stop near a tea-stall ( Thapari / jhuggi) for a strong ginger tea. Today an interesting incident took place which i wanted to share with you all.

In morning i felt that winter is going to start. I wore my wind shitter and moved on. I jogged for few kilometers and went to tea-stall. The person saw me and started preparing tea for me. He gave me a smile and said in a cheerful welcoming manner " Good Morning Anna " . I replied and started reading a news paper which was kept beside me. Although this is a road side tea-stall but one can find various news papers here like regional newspaper ,Hindi newspaper , The Hindu , The Times of India , Hitwada , Nav bharat and few mores.

I just started reading news paper immediately a boy came near to me and started staring me.

Boy was in his school uniform. He was of around 8 or 10 years  . Firstly i ignored him but he was continuously staring me at last i asked..

Me - What happened?

Boy - .........................................( said something in telugu)..

Me - Telgu matledu . ( it means i do not know Telugu). I learned this to tell people that either speak in English or Hindi.

Boy - Hindi aata tumko? ( Do you know Hindi?)

Me - Yes..

Again i asked..

Me - Is everything fine with you? Why you are continuously staring me?

Boy - I am not staring you . My mother , my sister and I have planned to gift a mobile phone to my Dad on his upcoming birthday. So i was trying to read the advertisement on the news paper which you are reading . Is Nokia LUMIA ZOOM a good phone to gift my father? Do you have any idea ?

Me - It's very new in the market. I think it is quiet expensive also. Why you want to go for Nokia LUMIA only?

( Tea seller called me - Anna Ookati chai...I took my tea cup and asked the boy )

Me - Do you want something?

Boy - yes . One cup of horlicks... No No No... nothing...

Me - what happened?

Boy - My mother told me not to eat anything if any stranger offers.

Me - ohhhh.. true. but u can speak to stranger na?

Boy - Yes...

Me - So why you want to go for LUMIA???

Boy - Because I phone is very costly....and GALAXY is not that much good.

(  I was like wha............... For a second i started thinking that he is Richie of Richie Rich Cartoon. He is a school boy who is very young to talk on these topics . He is just a student but a second thought came to my mind that why a child like him will stand in a tea-stall.)

Me - What is your budget bhai??????

Boy - what is budget?

Me - I mean how much money do you have?

Boy - why you are asking this? ( Boy gave me very suspicious looks)

Me - Because all this cell phones are too expensive and you are very young for all this discussion.Let your mother decide this things. You concentrate on what kind of cake you want to order on your father's birthday.

Boy - My Rickshaw wala will come in few minutes.

me - Ok.

Boy - I do not like to go in that rickshaw. My friends tease me.

Me - why?

Boy - Because they all come in  expensive cars and good buses.

Me - So?

Boy - They will come to know that i am not that much rich and they will start avoiding me.

( Now i got the clear picture that the boy belongs to a middle class family but his parents admitted him in a very good school which is quiet famous for providing luxurious facilities and he learnt all this things like I phone , Nokia Lumia Zoom   from his rich friends and he is trying to show off to his friends that his family gifted an expensive hand set to his father on his birthday)

Me - Kid , Always love and believe what you are? Do not try to show off and  lie in front of any one. Those people who are with you because of your money and gadgets are not your friends. U know by doing this you are also dis-respecting your parents.

Boy - Hmmm...( He didn't got any thing what i said but still gave me a nod to make me fill satisfied)

( Rickshaw came and he said bye to me....)






Always respect and love what you are. No one can ever replace you because you are simply " THE BEST".


JAI HIND..

No comments:

Post a Comment