Sunday 1 September 2013

Interview : Question and Replies

Dear Friends,

In most of the interview we come across several questions, whether it's a interview of any corporate firm or SSB. Have you ever imagined that how the interviewer ask such diversified questions? I mean did he memorises all the question which he ask? or some thing else ..

From few days I am having  a conversation with one of my friend. I want to explain via our conversation that we are the rider of our bike and the bike is named as interview. If you are riding a bike then you maintain the balance. You go wherever you want to go by handling your bike. The same concept applies in interview -

One day my Friend Dhaniya called me -( Dhaniya is a computer engineer and working in an MNC , side be side preparing for SSB)


Dhaniya - Hey Utkarsh. How are u?

Me - Hi .I am good Dhaniya. You tell? Howz life? Howz office?

Dhaniya - I am also good.. yaar office life is full of boredom.

Me - Hmm.. So qualify SSB and live the adventurous life..

Dhaniya - Yo.. Baby..

Me - So how is your preparation?

Dhaniya - It's good.

( Then she told me few stories for TAT and those were simply excellent , I was very happy because she has improved a lot ,  she started reading news papers , current affairs magazine and kurukshetra also..So I felt a good amount of knowledge . In addition she is very sweet and charming and she speaks with confidence and assertiveness so her personality complements her  knowledge)

Me - Dhaniya I am very impressed.. You are really preparing very hard..

Dhaniya - Saachiiii..That's great na?

Me - yes..but  Dhaniya I want to ask few questions to you..

Dhaniya - Regarding..

Me - Nothing important just few current affairs , general knowledge kind of thing a small interview session.

Dhaniya - yo yo...go ahead..ask whatever you want to ask..

Me - Al right. When is your SSB?

Dhaniya - very soon . I hardly have 1 week

Me - Ok .. Dhaniya tell me something about CAD ( Current Account Deficit) ?

Dhaniya - CAD is related to import and export of goods and commodities , or foreign transaction. When we export some goods/ services then we earn foreign currency generally in US dollars and Exporters convert that US dollars into Indian Rupees via RBI  and RBI increase it's Forex reserve and when we import then we have to pay in US dollars and the same route follows. In our country import always exceeds exports. The amount we earn in US dollars is very less as compared to amount we give in US dollars . So their occurs a deficit in it. That is called CAD.

Me - kya baat hai Dhaniya.. You explained me very well. Now as you have told me this RBI path.. could please elaborate it little more.

Dhaniya - I actually do not know that.

Me - Ok fine . When I asked about CAD then you gave me very good explanation but that explanation raised many more questions like what happen if your all Forex reserve will get empty? What kind of goods and services we import at maximum amount from which countries? what is our present Forex reserve? Why imports always exceeds exports and how can we improve it? Measure taken by RBI to curb CAD? and many more ...right...

you could have told me that " Current transactions of an economy in foreign currency all over the world are - export , import, interest payment etc. The current account might be positive or negative . Negative one is known as deficit current account.

Dhaniya - yo.

Me - DO NOT USE SUCH WORDS OR CONCEPT FROM WHICH YOU ARE COMPLETELY UNAWARE. IF YOU KNOW THEM VERY WELL THEN USE IT , INTENTIONALLY USE IT. SO THAT IF INTERVIEWER ASK QUESTIONS RELATED TO THAT THEN YOU CAN GIVE HIM A GOOD REPLY.

Dhaniya - Yo.. I Got It..

Me - Now tell me some thing about " Syria issue"

Dhaniya - This time she explained me accurately what I asked.. nothing more , nothing less.

Me - good Dhaniya...You are very well prepared. I am very confident that this time you will get recommended. All the best..

Dhaniya - Thanks ..


Friend's in an interview our reply leads to the next question. Using various concepts and definition in your answer is good if you know the meaning of that. This gives very strong impression of your knowledge and confidence but if you  are using that words to impress IO and if he ask anything and you are not able to answer then it will lead you to trouble.

This tactics is generally used by many candidates to conduct their interview in such direction where you want to . They use such words in their answers which compel interviewer to ask that questions. Less knowledge is Ok.. More knowledge is also Ok but if you are in middle of that then it's dangerous..

Think and then speak..Be equivocal not ambiguous...

All the best....


JAI HIND...


If you find this article interesting, consider sharing it on Facebook and  Google plus. 

8 comments:

  1. did u followed it in ur interview?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. swapnil my interview was based on various topics apart from personal questions like economy , polity , current affairs any many more. IO asked me about border security while replying that I intentionally used string of pearls policy of china.. Then he asked me about that..I replied and used the gwadar port issue..he asked that also.. then he jumped into personal questions..

      Delete
  2. hello sir, i have some questions in my mind from a long time regarding our army. i have been trying to crack ssb for 3yrs and now i have only two more chances left and those are only for OTA. i wanna know how is a ota pass out officer different from a IMA pass out one, as per responsibilities given and further career growth in army. i would also like to know whether an OTA pass out officer can join special forces or not? plz sir. i would be highly obliged if you kindly answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sansilu brother, an officer is an officer, doesn't matter he is pass out from OTA or IMA. Only difference is in the period of training and the type of commission. OTA is for short service commission,training for 11 months whereas IMA training for an year to 18 months(Depending upon type of entry)IMA is for permanent commission. Officer is an officer. And don't get dishearten if you are eligible for OTA only, if you really want to serve the nation for a long time as an Army Officer, you will get a chance to convert the SSC to PC through available procedure....All The Best.

      Delete
    2. sansilu in army whether you are in OTA, IMA, A pass out of NDA or have taken TGC entry.. All are same. They can give you any responsibility because they believe that each and every soldier have all the qualities.. Ankit has given correct info..

      Delete
  3. Utkarsh plZz help me,regarding my campus interview of,indian navy I dont have,any idea and this is my first tym I facing any interview sp plzz help me,out,man

    ReplyDelete